Friday 7 March 2014

Day 2 and 3

Yesterday we went to the Church of the Annunciation.

Today, after working out what to wear and what about our health, we finally made it out for the day to the Nazareth Village.

Okay, that didn't go to plan it was late when we got there because we got lost, Google fail. Don't take the wrong turning you will end up where? Thank goodness that was a virtual lost. Just click and head back and try again, right turning right village.


They have really done their research, I am booking a trip here for my 80th, 33 years to save for this trip of a lifetime.

If you want to know more about the research. I am off to find some pictures and information about this place.

I love the authenticity portrayed in this picture, chair making and carpentry the old ways are the best ways, imagine waiting weeks for your chair to be produced!

The JesusTrail has an excellent write up on the Nazareth village, now if only someone would do something similar in the UK. What a joy to spend a day in an authentic village rather than some garish fun fair.

Adults are charged 50 NIS New Israeli shekels in Sterling that's about 8.00 pounds.

Anyway, as if I have talked around Nazareth for real, I know that I have to be back at the Convent in 22.00 so it's now 22.10 in the UK I bid you all a good night and a good nights rest.

Tomorrow being Saturday I am guessing everything stops even for Tourists, and then its Sunday, will write more on Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment