Wednesday 26 March 2014

Falling

My none spiritual life has pulled me away from my task. Since visiting Bethlehem and Cana I have had difficulty trying to decipher the chronological order of everything.

The Wedding Feast at Cana, the first Miracle.
Jesus' Baptism in the River Jordan
Jesus' time in the wilderness

I feel as if I have been in my own personal desert searching at a loss for the chronological order of where Jesus went, what came first, and in what path do I follow him. First Google maps are very sketchy, searching for the usual photographic evidence is also difficult, so I have decided it is time to follow the Bible, the Lenten message that my own church lives by.

I have been blessed to attend two wonderful services in my home town of Liverpool, at Christopher Grange Chapel.
Last Wednesday we went to celebrate the Feast Day of St Joseph, Jesus' Foster Father and yesterday we celebrated Marys Annunciation. Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord, let your will be done.

So it seemed only fitting that we should get right back on track with our Lenten Retreat using a different method.

I am sure if I were in an organized tour with a trip to the Holy Land it would not be such a difficult task to set oneself or retreat into Jesus' life.

I have decided instead to abandon my tour as it is, and relive life in the Wilderness to go back in time, using my imagination and all the technology of today, to relive his adult life through the eyes of the scriptures instead of modern times.

I think my time spent in Cana was a real eye opener as to what is real and what is not, and how easy it is even for a virtual Pilgram to fall into the traps of secular society, and to see the Feast of Miracles as nothing but some sad and very expensive tourist attraction.


The Tourism view of Cana.

Shown here, because we found it quite shocking and I am so glad I was on a virtual tour and not a real life tour, this would have upset me, as it does to see other miracles paraded as tourist attractions. Are we not standing on Holy Ground.

No, I would not thank you for a bottle of this, to me it is a mockery of a really beautiful miracle. Hence my reasons for not wishing to continue with the retreat even virtually.

This is why I would visit Cana and for no other reason. To see, to pray, to worship.





No comments:

Post a Comment