Wednesday 5 March 2014

Day One Nazareth

I made a decision to "leave" Facebook and all 200 friends, and to journey into Lent, I invited them and so few came with me, I am blessed that those few came with me, it is a long journey on ones own.
It is a journey into the unknown, but I hope to gain some measure of understanding when Jesus left his home and journeyed into the desert alone, knowing what he must do, knowing that he must gather his followers.

I will not be in the desert for long, for one, I have to journey through his life to experience his passion. So today I stepped into Nazareth.


I decided to take a walk to the Church of the Annunciation, with the help of Google Maps, and Pegman and Facebook.

How English speaking mingles in with the Israel language. I wonder what is in the Nazareth Art Centre.

Where we are heading, to the Church of the Annunciation.

The colour of life in Israel fascinates me and I stop to gaze.

Here we are again, English language mingling with the colour and sparkle of Israel, I am a foolish romantic for this wonderful colour and ageless world captured by google.

A symbol of Christianity yet the gates are held fast, knock and the door shall be opened unto you.

Our prize at last! The gates of the Church of the Annunciation.






No comments:

Post a Comment